Sunday, March 05, 2017

Who better to batter about Fake News than an Independent Reporter?


I just want to say that if anyone has the right to get on a rampage about fake news it is myself due to my background and experience working in the Middle East wars as a female independent journalist.  I have been spurting "fake news" for over a decade.  Of course, I am small and not known anymore at least in America, no one even my family believed/s what I have been saying about what you are being told through mainstream, who owns it, what happens and the consequences of the lies and deceptions that even then I knew would take place....I am talking about my Middle East experience.

On the day of 9-11, I was in Jerusalem.  I had a phone call and she said turn on your TV and then hung up.  I listened to the terminology being used within hours and the increase as time went on.  It was clear, we were going to justify another war.  Terrorism, weapons of mass destruction, more terrorism, evil people, enemies, etc.  I am not saying this to minimize those who died in 9-11 and the shock that our country went through.  I am stating what I saw was obvious and from there it was obvious that the towers did not fall down because of a simple airplane on the top floors.  The building was too big for that.  I have seen planes crash into buildings, and they did not crumble, and they were houses, much smaller don't you think?

I went into Iraq, because what good Middle East professional truth telling photojournalist would not? I saw the truth, I reported the truth and was labeled as anti-American, an activist (by editors in America).  Nothing sold in America, but my work sold worldwide everywhere else.  Yes, it was before the increase of propaganda and lies, at the beginning of the decision to go into Iraq.  Later, many other countries joined the club, but the people still wanted the truth and the truth they got.

Yet, I saw firsthand so many lies and truths being ignored by mainstream, you name them, they were there.  And yes, even Reuters and AP, they did not want the story if someone did not die.  No one wanted on the ground real stories, the lives and effects from the war.  

Yes, I went around Iraq, looking for weapons of mass destruction.  I did not find any.  Only confused Iraqi's who were happy to walk on bridges.  Did you see anyone interview the only Catholic Bishop in Baghdad after and American incursion very early in the morning looking for weapons in his church?  Nope.  Never published here in the good ole states.

So if anyone deserves to go on this path during a time when mainstream, who feed the very lies to you for years is saying that WE are fake?  

Problem is, I started before blogging, I did it the old fashioned way before videos were desired and short clips were most viewed.  I did this before You Tube and Blogger and Word Press.  Before these new outlets, one had to have their feet on the ground and know people to get work to survive.  It was not a problem.  Now, it is different and independent news like I know it, where you actually go and talk and walk and investigate and live in an area to get the facts seem to be yesterday.  

But I would say to you, something to consider...Do you get the facts from journalists/independents who scroll online and research the internet for the facts?  No, you do not get on the ground reporting. So in the end, even independent news has been degraded.  It is my firm belief that the only way to get the real news is to be there yourself.  Walking around, interviewing, looking and searching, photographing, writing, typing and more.  This is the only way to get true independent real news.

I wish that I could find a way to get support/jobs from real agencies that would allow me to get back to the world that I knew, that I am good at, that I can do.

Now?  I work at a retail store, evenings and weekends at less that livable wage.
Thanks folks.




No comments:

Post a Comment