Friday, February 24, 2012

True America; Where Lies become the Truth

Susan Brannon
25 February 2012
The brief history of America video is to remember who we really are in relation to the Syrian revolution.  I do not think that we know how to go and help a country, then leave. We must be able to print money that we don't have and is not backed up to help?  Help for what and for who?  We all know that Saddam did not have weapons of mass destruction, yet we stayed for years.  Our president and his two side kicks smiled and made up more stories to tell us.  They never went to jail or before court for their manipulation of the American public.  I can say the same about CNN, Fox News, CBS, BBC and others for blasting the same propaganda day in and day out without actual research on the facts that they were told by the pentagon.  They just told the stories as though they were facts.  Why?  Because they bowed down to the social cultural and expected norms mandated by patriot lies and wanted to keep their jobs and continue to be invited to the pentagon press briefings.
These well planned and prepared lies from our top leaders lead to the complete destruction of two other countries and now they are trying the same thing for Iran.  It lead to thousands of people killed, men women, children of all ages from all walks of life, and all languages.
     Our men went out to fight and be killed based on propaganda.  Their mothers, fathers, wives, children and family members will forever have a pain in their hearts for their death.  If I as a journalist, provided false information, knowingly, I would loose my career, my face, money, and all.  I would not have been able to get away with it.  I know photojournalists who altered images and are black listed from the field forever.
     Nixons wiretapping was nothing in comparison to what has been going on in our country.  This is when the lies become the truth and the truth become lies.  I remember coming back for a visit from Iraq and saw the changes in America.  I was talking to a friend on public transportation and a women came up to me and said, "You can't be talking like that here.  You may get arrested.  My advice is to stay quiet"  I was saddened.
      I noticed that my country has been developing on fear.  Fear the enemies strongest ally.  If you get people to live in fear, then you will have total control.  Everyone has been saying that Saddam was horrible, and yes he was.  What did he do?  He used fear to control his people.  Plain fear and became a very wealthy man.  But what was that fear compared to the fear that we have created in Iraq?  Citizens are scared to walk down the streets anymore.  They did not have to fear that in the past.  They just knew that they could not walk across the bridge, so they did not.  That fear was much less than the fear of random bombings, shootings and kidnappings.
     I ask, Why do we need planes, solders and guns to help a country?  I never had to carry a gun in a war zone, I just had to look up.  (for snipers) I did not have to point my gun at anyone to defend myself, gather information or to help those that needed help.  Words and images are a powerful tool to educate and inform others about a situation.  Look at what happened after the killing of Marie Colvin and Remi Ochlik.  The news spread like a virus, the reports from the inside started receiving front page news.  Assad had to respond and let the medical professionals inside of Homs Amr to assist and evacuate the wounded women and children.  There was too much visibility for him to ignore the effects of his assaults on the civilians.
     Syria, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia all woke up to the lies that they have been fed from their leaders.  They became tired of the inequality, the division of the classes, poverty and walking in that same fear that we do today.  America's fear is the "attack from the Terrorists"  Really?  Who are the real terrorists, I may ask.  Who really flew into the towers?  We had drones a long time ago, don't fool yourself.  There has been too many stories with missing pieces of the puzzle.  There has been too many stories that created a false reality based on lies that became the truth and in turn the truth became the wrong way to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment